Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sons and near exhaustion

Well, my son had his 16th birthday this Friday. Being the birthday boy, he got to choose what the family had for dinner. His choice? Sloppy joe's and Stove Top Stuffing. Interresting combination, but he had himself a craiving.

We also had cupcakes in two flavors, German Chocolate and Spice. With the daughter being unable to eat chocolate, and since she made them, we made both. Boxed cakes to be sure, but we ended up with 48 cupcakes.

You may ask, Why cupcakes and not layer cake? That's easy. We, as a family aren't terribly into sweets. Cakes, that we have to get a plate, fork and knife, cut, then eat, go bad and get tossed eventually. Cupcakes, though, are sitting right there on the counter near the cup cabinet. Whenever anyone goes to get a drink (and for some darned reason need a new cup each time), the cupcakes catch their eye. They grab a cake, get out a cup, figure the cake is tasty, get some milk and leave the kitchen. So, the cupcakes actually get eaten. As I said, we started with 48. As of Saturday night, we are down to about 16. LOL. There are only 5 members to the family, so we are racking up the calories. I counter that with the milk consumption. I have decided that milk takes off calories of the cupcake so it balances.

Writing... Not today. Gotta work on EJ. sigh. OH, I got a blah review for Midas' Treasure. I, being an intelligent individual, realized that they don't have a rating chart, so still posted the review (as I do, one line of it) on my site. They will never be able to say I only post the best reviews and who knows how many bad ones there are. LOL. Nope, the blecky one is there too, but if all you do is check out the reviews posted on MY page, you will not know it's bad. LOL. It does say (and it is verbatim) that I am essentially a witty writer. LOL I can deal with that.

FAR, though, gave me a fabulous, wonderful, stupendous review. 5 Angels. I'm totally jazzed. Check out the review in it's entirety by going to the website. I'm too tired to do it myself. LOL

Okay, I have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow. Hopefully, I will get some writing squeezed in there. The kids are going to hate me, but that's life.

Brenda

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the boy! You may give him more pinchy pinchies from yours truly. :-D

Sorry, Bren, milk plus cupcakesc compound the calories... ;-) But as your kids are on the lean side and pretty active, I don't suppose that's much of a worry.

As for hating you for taking time to write, just remind them how much time you spend ferrying them about and doing their laundry. :-)

Major congrats for the great reviews (bad review? what bad review? pish posh!)! ;-D

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home