Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Freaking Valentines

Rant and Good news!

Here it is Valentines Day.

Whoopdidoo.

Hubby and oldest daughter is sick. Stayed home and whined the whole day.

I found out this morning that I have been nominated for a CAPA (Cupid and Psychi Award) from The Romance Studio. It's a great feat for me. The award is for New Author and it's great promotion for me. I started the day so happy. I shared my good will with the hubby. He basically ignored me, so I took the not sick teens to school and spent the rest of the day in my room. Okay, he's sick, but it isn't the first time. Enough of that.

I'm still jazzed I've been nominated. It's about the only good thing that happened today. I got nothing for Valentines day, except probably the future flu, and I had to make my dinner after everyone else's because after I cooked, someone ate my grilled cheese. I had to start over. sigh.

Did I mention I have been nominated...?

So, here I sit, having written nowhere near my quota for the day because I'm at a sex scene and would much rather be killing someone. It doesn't want to come. Sigh. Maybe by midnight I will have written my quota and the sex scene will be over. I can only hope.

So, how was YOUR day? LOL

Brenda

2 Comments:

Blogger Maura Anderson said...

*hugs*

Well, no one in my house was sick. Which is a minor miracle!

C got home with our four year old, dropped him off and took a cat trap to a friend whose cat escaped during her move.

Apparently on the way back a bolt of lightning hit or something because he stopped and picked up some flowers. I think this is the first time in years he's managed to remember ON the day. Of course, by the time he got back the preschooler was watching Dora the Explorer and I was asleep on the couch next to him.

He took great delight in announcing that I was snoring to C. Gotta love kids.

I was nice and shared the candy I'd bought myself with C, since he at least remembered.

Then after finally getting Morgan to bed, I got a chance to write. Except I had a bad case of fiddling. All I seemed able to do was fiddle with my previous chapter. Only 300 words and the math says I need over 1K a day to make my 3/30 deadline.

Sigh....

Major congrats on the nomations though! And whoever ate your grilled cheese should have gotten the business end of a wooden spoon!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Brenda Bryce said...

Thanks Maura.

Sure did need the laugh.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home