Monday, February 06, 2006

changing bankcards

Last week, I had a bit of an "I can't believe I did that." It was even something new for me.
I had gone to a store and when I got to the pharmacy, I didn't have my bank card or license. The oldest teen and I looked for, but didn't find the card holder I keep them in.

Damn.

I'm bummed, but not freaking out. I try not to freak out, it has become a habit with three teens. Wait till I am over the crisis, then freak out. Luckily, I'm a smart person and the first thing I did when I got home was tell the hubby I lost them and headed for the phone. I was dialing the bank as he was telling me I should call the bank. LOL
Great minds... Or maybe it's like that dog thing. Live with them long enough and they start to look (think) alike.

I told them what happened and that both cards are missing. They made a note, said no other charges had been on the card *which was quite a relief*, cancelled the card and ordered a new one.

Twenty minutes later, as I was dreading the DMV visit on Monday, there came a knock upon my front door. A wonderful gentleman and his family had found my cards and returned them. I was so surprised. We thanked the man profusly for driving all the way to the house and returning them, (because that isn't the kind of neighborhood we live in). Heck. I might have just mailed them since the address was on them.

I called the bank back and told them the great update, but to send the new cards anyway. Well, they told me that the cards (hubby ordered a new one too, we don't carry cash so the cards get a workout) and I said that was fine.

So, until Friday, I was without a bank card. You try to do any kind of transactions without a card or money. LOL Luckily, I didn't need much and hubby's worked long enough that we could get some cash out of the bank.

Finally, my card came, but most of my bills are paid online. I love the convenience and so far, I haven't been ripped off. LOL Today, I changed over all the accounts online, paid the bills I have to do by hand and went to the post office to mail off some bookmarks to the promo winners of the chats. WOOHOO.

Hubby and I went to a couple of places shopping, Ace Hardware and Kragen Auto parts. LOL He got half of what he wanted and wouldn't buy me a nail gun. He had me as a distraction apparently, and it caused him to completely forget most of the things he needed. HAHAHA. But, we did get a router. I love power tools. Hence wanting the nail gun.

I need to learn to use the router, and am looking forward to making a lap loom.

Thats how I talked him into the router. I said, I wanna make this. We set up a plan,and started it, but we didn't have a router. Hubby said he's been wanting one anyway and my excuse was as good as any.

I didn't get any writing done today, but I did get one of the (as of this evening) four proofs done. They always come in bunches. I don't know why.

My oldest has a nerologist appt tomorrow afternoon, but that won't cut into my writing time. Whew.

I need to buy milk. Again. LOL

I went to get some this evening and darned if there is a dearth of Fat Free milk. Argh. There is enough for my oldest to have ceral in the morning, and there is a half gallon of whole milk for the rest of them to have cereal. I and the oldest drink FF and the boy, youngest and hubby drink whole. I buy a lot of milk.

I think that's it for today.

I will tell you the trials and tribulations of this writer, tomorrow.

Night.

Brenda

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Mayer said...

Tomorrow? Today is December of 2007 :D

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home