Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Great News!

This has been an interesting couple of days for me. Yesterday, the 14th of March, I received a contract for Tree Sprite from Samhain publishing. I'm very glad to be working with this new company and look forward to a long relationship.

Then today, the 15th, I received a contract for Howling in the Moonlight from Loose Id. That is fabulous news. I love working with Loose Id and it’s a great company. Glad we are continuing our relationship.

So, hopefully, in the next few months or so, I should have some offerings for the masses. Wish me luck.

With Howling in the Moonlight, I was stumped by the question: What’s the series name if there is one?

Oh bother. See, there are three books in this series. Howling in the Moonlight, Howling at twilight, Howling by dawn. My CP (critique partner) Jeigh Lynn suggested Howling for the series name. It might actually go that way, but the direction I want to take is…

Going Nowhere

The three books are based in the town of Nowhere, and thought it was apropos. Probably just call it the Howling Series though. Then in my messages or what-not, call THAT Going Nowhere. In the promotional stuff. How’s that sound.

I have had a great two days, which I needed after my stresses. I am a poor prima donna author and can’t handle the stresses of everyday authorness. Kind of like when a supermodel has a temper tantrum because she breaks a nail. I get all whiney when someone doesn’t like my book as is/ first try. However, with subtle changes here and there, wordage, and dialogue, and the axing of millions of dialogue tags, I did finally get the contracts.

As I said in that interview… Never give up. Keep plugging along.

Right now, I have to finish Chapter 8 rewrites of HitM. Night everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

MAJOR CONGRATS!

MWAH!

I like "Going Nowhere," too! Rock on, bay BEE!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Maura Anderson said...

Congrats!!!

I like the promo ideas and "Going Nowhere"!

Peachy keen!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Congrats on the contracts!! Great news.

And I like Going Nowhere. Lots you can do with that.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home