Thursday, December 08, 2005

A financial aid form filling out rant

Let me think…

Oh yes, I did write today. On Tree Sprite. They actually found food. LOL

Tonight, I attended a FASFA seminar on how to fill out the forms for financial aid for my Senior. GRR. I mentioned it in my group, I mentioned it on my craft blog and I am mentioning it HERE. If your student isn’t a Senior, you need to know… 3.0 is the gpa that they need if they are going to get the good money. Sure could have used this info when she was a freshman. But NO! They wait till they have half a year till graduation and impart this ever so important news. Well, my Freshman and Sophomore know. After my oldest, the other two should be cake.

Anyway, I thank Mechele for wishing me luck with my perpetual wait on my edits. Thanks. It will or won’t happen. I can do nothing about it. So, remember this if it happens to you.

O and I chit chatted on AIM for a while today. She is freezing… poor baby. Jeigh is warming up, Laura too. Les set a soda on the deck and it froze and Lori is moving—Norther… LOL Ok, I made that word up, but how north can one go before one needs an ending?

Me? Well, my weather has been beautiful. 74ish. Sunny skies. Just perfect.

What happens tonight while I am listening to people ask questions about the (what do they call it now?) The draft. There is a box on the form that asks if the male applicant has signed up for the draft, if they have reached eighteen by the time of the filling out of the form. If not, and the applicant is eighteen, do you want FASFA to sign you up?

One mom freaked. “I don’t want my son to go to war!!!”
I looked at her as if she had grown a second head. Or if I had. Good grief. Okay, the draft has taken our boys to war, Vietnam, and they did a hell of a job, but nowdays, it is more of a ‘just in case there is a world war three’ type thing. Enough young people actually VOLUNTEER for the military that the draft is mostly for militias sake.

Yes, I am pro military. We need it, we need to support it, I commend the soldiers for doing what they feel they must. I always will. I may not agree with the Commander in Chief, but the soldier is doing his job.

It was as bad as the year the mom totally shrieked at her daughter that there was no way in hell that any daughter of hers was going to join JROTC because she wouldn’t have her daughter in the military. Again, I gave them the two head look. I told them that while in College ROTC you may need to do a couple years as an officer in the military, JROTC is (are there any JROTC students around? Goodness I hope not) playing military. You don’t have to go in the military if you join High School ROTC, but if you decide to, you can go in with a higher rank and MO MONEY!

Ok, I am off my Military Rant…

How about one that the parents thought that the reason there was a box that asked what state you have residency and if you plan on attending a school in another state, is because Swartzenegger doesn’t want anyone out of the state.

Good Grief. Okay, I never was able to attend college, but that doesn’t mean I’m stupid or don’t plan on attending when I have an empty nest. But doesn’t anyone learn anything anymore?

Well, it’s mostly off my chest now. Maybe I can sleep without the horrified outbursts of Jeepers Creepers! (make it R rated and you would have what I am saying…), but good golly.

Well, it’s late and Animals Funny Videos are about to start. I’m going to enjoy them. You enjoy your rest.

I will be posting pictures of crafts tomorrow on my craft blog.
Night all…

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home