Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thursday Nov 1, 2005

@$@&%#(*#&$_)@# Internet connection.

Man oh Man... The winds around here are warm but good grief! For some reason it keeps making my CABLE internet connection intermittent. Well, I'm on now, so am going to get this blog written before I fritz out again.

I received an inquiry into whether I would like to do an obscure holiday story. Short. Such as All Hallows or Arbor Day. I got a picture of a short, round tree sprite perched in a short, round tree, in the center of an empty glade right then and decided, Sure, I can do that story. Told my editor to give me a little while to write up a basic plotline for her to look over. I mean, why write a specialty story if nobody is going to want it? Especially when my laptop is already full of half written, plotted out, or idea in writing, stories already?

An hour and a half later, I shot her the plotline, warned her it was VERY BASIC and that it can be fleshed out while writing. The hero had a name, but I had some facts that needed to be fleshed out about him. The tree sprite didn't have a name, but since she is a tree sprite, I figured it had to be very tree-ish.

I was sitting here at the laptop, working on a proof, watching Mythbusters, and BAM! A name jumped out at me and I laughed for ten minutes. It was perfect!!!

Oleafia.

Isn't it the best name for a tree sprite? If you don't think so, well, don't tell me. I like it even though my teens groan.

The story got the go-ahead by my editor and it is going to be shorttttt. Don't expect epic. Beddy beddy short.

I have the first chapter done and sent it to the editor. She said it is going along great, keep up the good work. WHEW! That's always nice to hear.

P.S. this is O's story. SHE is the tree sprite and Daniel is HER MAN, so don't try to take him and maybe she will quit trying to hog all the heroes. YEAH RIGHT!

Worked on it for a while today after 3 proofs, running errands, picking up teens from school, and doing a tiny (inky dinky amount) of housework. Also, worked on Enforcing Justice as well for a while today. It isn't getting forgotten in the enthusiasm of a whole new world.

And *whistles blowing, banners waving, cannons firing* I got Midas' Treasure back to begin editing... GROAN! I'se got's my work cut out for me. Blech. But you won't see any of that. Just the final copy that is FABULOUS!!! The editors guarantee it. LOL

I have crocheted or knitted nothing today. HOWEVER, I did update my crafts page on my website. Just check out the Updates section on front page. If you click on the pictures, a link will take you to the exact pattern I used to make that specific item. The penis bookmark does NOT have a link, as I have not written the pattern down yet. :)

Other than trying to continue breathing, (this wind is heck on asthmatics) not moving around too much, writing, proofing, and watching Mythbusters, I have done nothing... LOL

It's starting to pile up... gonna have to get off the tush and do something about it.

Hm, I have an extra fifty cents, anyone volunteer to take the household chores off this poor, beleaguered writers shoulders? Sigh, thought not. Freaking inflation.

Catch you tomorrow if the wind gods leave my internet connection alone.

Brenda

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm really bummed out about the length *wink wink* but still! It's my very own story!!! Yes!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :-D

As for not continuing with my greedy grabby gimme gimme ways... Nonsense! If the heroes don't object, why shouldn't I snatch them all, eh? Eh? :-D

Sorry about the wind doing a number on your connection and asthma. Forget the housework. Make the house elves, er, kids, do it. :0) As for the cable connection, surely there must be a cable god to pray at the altar to? :-)

Hurray on getting MT back! Just think of the end product and a romantic interlude in the Bahamas or Hawaii! That ought to help you get through the edit faster. :0)

And coolio on updating your craft page with the links. Wowzers! Waaaaaay too much talent, lady! And gimme gimme the tote bag! Forget about a drawing. MINE MINE MINE! lol. Who cares about being fair and providing an equal opportunity for all. You have to be ethical, too? Sheesh. ;-)

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home