Saturday, November 12, 2005

Saturday, Nov 12, 05

Baking Saturday

Since I have been baking, in my own modified way, I thought I would share a breadmaker recipe with you.

But first, my exciting, BrendaBryce day. Um, well, I made split pea soup (first time) in the crockpot, worked for a while on the SIL's shrug, talked with O all day, watched tv, found out I am a fashion disaster, and that's about it. Oh, I will have to pick up my youngest at school MUCH later because she went to peddle churros and sodas at the Rose Bowl.

Aren't you overwhelmed at this writers exciting life? LOL

Anyway, here is the recipe. I developed it myself through trial and error. Several errors that my kids and hubby had to eat and think of a nice way to say it sucked. This is the final effort.

I don't know what the calorie content is, and don't really care. Cholesterol, who knows. Points? does it really matter?

BRENDA'S HAWAIIAN BREAD

For the breadmaker.

Makes a 1lb loaf.

Ingredients:

3/4 Cup Pineapple Juice
1 egg
1/4 Cup Lowfat, or Fat Free Milk *you can use dry, but will have to figure out the measurement yourself*
2 TBS butter chopped (real is best, low salt is good, margarine sucks)
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 Cup Splenda Baking (I use the baking because it is SUPER SWEET. Half sugar and half Splenda)
1/4 Cup Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
2 Cups Bread Flour
1 tsp bread machine yeast.

Put all ingredients into the breadmaker pan. Set on Light Crust. Push Start and walk away.

That's it.

My teens like to take it to school and everyone knows what it is. LOL

It is very sweet, but with the lower calorie ingredients, it isn't as unhealthy as it could be. That's my rational anyway.

Enjoy the recipe and tell me if you and your family enjoy it.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home