Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tuesday, Nov 8, 2005

Got a lot done today.

Well, on everything else but my story.

Today, I tossed a load of laundry in the washer, but it is still there because the sky was overcast. Will have to do something about them tomorrow.

I listened to last Thursday's episode of Flyladies on World Talk Radio and cleaned off my desk while I did. It is soooo clean. I didn't realize I had half the stuff I found on it, buried. It was a treasure trove of interesting finds.

So, I had to shower after that, because my lungs were hollering at me about all the dust. Shiny again, I went to pick up teens. I had forgotten that the youngest was going to a friends house after school, but the son remembered. Luckily, or we would have still been there waiting. She forgot to call me when she got to her destination. I had no number, no address, no clue. Darned kid. I have decided the gray hair she has given me are not gray, they are either blond or tinsel. I am not old, I am decorated for the holidays.

Eventually (7pm and darker than dirt) she calls and gives me an address. Thank the internet for Mapquest. I was able to get door to almost door directions. Naturally, she called while dinner was in the oven.

Gotta tell you about that. I decided on a nice quiche for our evening meal. Grr. I didn't have half the ingredients that the recipe called for, and I know it WAS there at one time. Instead, I improvised with things I DID have. As an American wife of an American male, I had to call it something else. Real men don't eat Quiche, don't you know? So, I took a refrigerated pizza crust, scrambled egg mixture, chopped onions, chopped ham, and American cheese slices (the one cheese the whole family likes) and tossed it into the oven.

Here are some interesting facts. Eggs don't like to stay in a pie pan. I have burnt egg on the bottom of my clean oven. I had it in a pie pan, on a pizza pan, and once I smelled the burning, a cookie sheet under that. Grr. I have burnt dried out egg on all three pans. I didn't, however, have any egg in the pie. Hmm, I still don't see how that happened. I figure next time to use a bigger pan, and cook the eggs first. The family loved the 'omelet pie' even though there were no eggs in it. The ham, onions and cheese made it taste like a Hot Pocket or something. LOL. Well, even in disaster, some things go right.

Crocheted some squares for the Boy's afghan today. He has been coming round asking if it's done yet. He really wants his softy afghan. Did I mention he is 15? LOL

That's it for today, I think. Except, the Loose-id authors are getting a scam email requesting autographed pictures, book cover plates, ect. The warnings are far and wide, because the culprit has evidently hit several musicians. The purpose? Identity theft.

Strangely enough, I haven't rated a scammers email. *sigh*. Guess I'm not a big enough name yet. :)

Ok. I'm working on Enforcing Justice now. gonna knock off at least the first chapter, I hope.

You all have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Brenda

3 Comments:

Blogger J.L. Langley said...

ok, I'm just tired reading about all you did today! Dang I need to by you a cape with an "S" on it!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

A good start to the work day. I laughed my head off!

I especially like the image of you being decorated for Xmas, lol. :-D

7:31 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Busy day.

And *sigh* I didn't get one either. Just get that darn German spam (and like DC says...bad taste afterwards LOL).

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home