Saturday, November 19, 2005

Saturday, Nov 19, 2005

*Sung to the tune of Elmo's World...*

La La La La
La La La La
Edit's suck.


Actually, they aren't so bad. Been working on them seemingly nonstop since I got the book back though. My editor and I are practically rewriting chapter 8 because of POV shifts. I know I have mentioned my writing and pov shifts before so we won't go there.

I was deeply into the rewrites, AIMing with my editor, going over each line, when hubby decided to mess with the internet connection. Shut me down hard. Finally he gets me back up and she's gone. Probably thought I had abandoned her. Darn it. Without her input, I'm stymied. I've read it so many times already, I don't see the shifts anymore. I need the fresh eyes. Grr.

O ditched me as well. We were talking about a show in NY that will feature cadavers. Shiver. She was also showing me these little sex fairy dolls on EBay. LOL. They are very cute. Gonna have to see if she posted the url on her blog.

For the last two days, all I have really done is edit Midas' Treasure. I'm hoping this round is so hard because the rest will be a cakewalk. Hush, leave me to my delusions while they last.

Edits are going to make me fat, too. I sit in my office - so the family isn't disrupted by my outbursts and mumbling - drinking coffee and eating cookies. Found these really good cookies, too. They are Chips Ahoy Creamwiches. Yummy! Little Chips Ahoy cookies with a cream filling. Yes, I will be amped and fat by the time this round of edits goes back to the editor. LOL

I need to finish it up, though, so I can work on the Tree Sprite story. O keeps bugging me for more sex. Sigh. I only have two hands and the project that will be published first has to be the priority. TS will have plenty of working time as soon as I send MT back. It will take the editors a while to figure out what I did to it so they can - as O says - weild the red pen on it.

Does anyone know of a munchie that WON'T make me blow up like a balloon during edits, but still keep my mind working? Could sure use the info.

I guess I'm done with everything tonight. Nobody to talk to. So I'm going to drink my water and turn on the tv. Probably fall asleep so I can start fresh tomorrow. LOL

Night all.

Brenda

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

I did not ditch you. You -- or rather, le hubby -- ditched moi. Sniff. ;-) Tell him to stop playing with the connection, sheesh. :0)

Yes, POV shifts seem to be the bane of most authors... those and the mechanical bits, lol.

I know you'll persevere though, so that Midas's Treasure will be as awesome as Regulating Archimedes. :-)

As for more sex for Tree Sprite... but of course! No plot or story needed. Just run on sentences, paragraphs, pages of oodles and oodles of sex. After all, gotta get the priorities straight, woman! lol.

A munchie that won't make you a blimp? Raw carrots, apples, pears, celery sticks...

*ducking and fleeing*

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home