Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wednesday Oct 19, 05

My boys are on tonight!

Mythbusters will be on in a while so thought I would give you the highlights of my exciting BrendaBryce day!

I got up early and mainlined my coffee. Took the teens to the high school and pushed them out of the van as I was driving by. Returned home and set up the dreaded ironing board.

Yes, I ironed early this morning. At least it's done for a few more days. Afterward, I was sweaty, grumpy and in need of more coffee. I actually thought hard about exercising, then decided I had had quite enough doing the ironing.

Took my laptop and went out to the office. Ah, the quiet space. Except for the neighbor banging on his engine and another mowing his lawn. So, I popped in a nice soothing cd, one that has piano and nature sounds, turned on the new space heater, and did I mention, Ah, I became very toasty as I knitted on a pillow cover and proofed a couple of books. I enjoyed the morning thuroughly.

Once the two stories were finished and sent of to the correct editor, I opened Howling in the Moonlight. Knocked out a couple of chapters, which I have suggestions from the intrepid O - and there are several - marking off six or seven from the list.

I get word that J.L. Langly got a contract with Loose-id. I am hoping this author does well, since I have been getting sneak peeks at their story, and congratulations! Check my link lines for J.L.'s blog.

This evening, I dealt with yucky traffic, got to yell at a guy in a truck who cut me off. Stopped off at a meat market, or Carniceria and got nearly four pounds of Asada. For those of you not in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood, that is thinly sliced flap meat (beef) marinated in spices, onions and other yummies. Brought it home and cooked it up in the Foreman grill. Rolled it in warm tortillas and chomp. So, it wasn't very healthy, no veggies and no real starches except for the tortillas, and strictly meat, but heck. Once in a while you need a treat. Have I mentioned we are carnivours? We are.

Dinner was over, I ran out to the office, checked my email, downloaded two new proof jobs, and joked with JBuL. The critique group. Then it was time to come inside. Sigh. I unplugged my space heater, cause my books are out there and a fire would suck, turned out the lights and locked it up tight.

I even took out the trash. Tomorrow is trash day so made sure all the cleanup from the other day made it out of the back yard. However, I made a huge mess in the front that I will have to clean up during the sunlight tomorrow. Impossibly, I seemed to have tossed something in the trashcan that leaked all over the driveway when I was pushing the can around. GRR. It's always something. One mess or another. Oh well. S happens.

Now, I am blogging, instructing the teens that if they don't bathe, I will kill them, slowly, and waiting for Mythbusters to start. It hasn't yet. Fourty more minutes. Perhaps I will try to start another editing chapter on HITM. Whaddya think?

Catch yall tomorrow.

Brenda

1 Comments:

Blogger J.L. Langley said...

What are you doing with a heater on? It can't possibily be cold there yet, can it? It's in the freakin' 90's over here. Oh, congrats on getting some of HITM done...I LOVE that story.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home