Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sunday Oct 9, 05

I have recovered from the craft fair.

Had a great time too. My MIL, oldest daughter and I drove the hubbies car (it needed gas and it saved him a trip to the gas station). We got to ride a tram through the fairgrounds because there were two other fairs going on at the same time. The computer fair that is held every month and the off road fair. The daughter tried to convince me we had to go to one of those instead. See, the geeks went to the computer fair, and she is totally hot for geeks. They will be the ones to make the big bucks in the future, or the off road fair, which had lots of cool toys and hot guys.

I told her, "Great idea, but no. We are here to look at crafts."

Besides, I don't see my MIL hanging out in either of those places. She refuses to learn computers and off roading??? snort. It is to laugh. So we went past the off roaders, checked out a cool show they had going. They had a giant pile of rocks and were driving various four wheelers over it. I would liked to have stayed and watched that, but we shot past them at an astronomical speed of 20 miles an hour.

Arriving at the correct building, we exited the tram. I decided that I need a tram for town driving. I can charge riders and tool around in it. It was a fun ride.

We get our tickets and enter the building where an elderly gentleman was marking hands in case we exit the building for any reason, we wouldn't have to repay. MIL went through got her dash mark. I approached the man and held out my hand. "Mark me baby!" I said. He chuckled and drew a pretty red heart on my hand.

Oldest daughter smiled and got a flower drawn.

First stand was a stamp and stencil stand. Oldest found the perfect stamp. I had to purchase it immediately. I don't know what it means in common vernacular, but it applied to Me and Mine... It says...

It's a Society thing!

I about died. LOL.

We wandered around for four hours, checking out the different things one can do with cloth, yarn, beads, wood, ect. And spent some money.

At one booth where I was checking out the implements of small crafting - tools such as tweezers, sizzors, hemostats, blades, magnifying glasses, ect - a lady commented on my pretty heart. "Hey, all I got was this tick mark. How come she got a heart?" I looked at her and smiled. "I called him babe and he gave me a pretty. Just gotta know how to talk to a man." We all laughed and went our separate ways.

My feet were starting to hurt and we had seen everything we could see so went out front to wait for the tram back to the car. Well, the first one, we missed because it was full. Them ladies are QUICK!

The next, I was ready. I stepped forward when it stopped and subsiquently got elbowed out of the way by a 90ish four foot woman who jumped onto the tram. I was shocked I tell you. I blurted, "Holy crap! What was that all about?" Then moved three rows back and sat down. I was scairt of her...

Told the teen and the MIL about it and we all laughed. It was a day for laughing.

Going back by the off road exhibit, we saw more four wheelers, and hot off roader guys. I commented that you could tell which tram was going to which fair. LOL. And you could too.

Took the MIL back to her city, and stopped off at Michaels. I got a stamp pad for the stamp I got my mom for Christmas (hope she isn't reading this) and a couple of stamp pads for me. I also picked up a "B" Stamp and a howling wolf stamp for my book collection. If you find a book with a gold wolf howling at a silver B, then it's mine! Give it back!

About 5 pm, I rolled into the driveway, beat but bearing burgers. I was queen of the household. Apparently, the three left at home were starving. LOL

Hubby is a GOD! He got my laptop in operational order and I am now working away on MT to get it done. Less than 60 pages to go on this pre-edit.

Well, since you are all caught up, I will go back to work. Have a nice day!

Brenda

2 Comments:

Blogger J.L. Langley said...

LOL sounds like you had fun!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

I am all atwitter with envy, drat you! lol. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. :-D

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home