Saturday, October 01, 2005

Saturday, Oct 1, 05

Cough-Cough.

I have it. Darn it. I am getting sick. Don't want it. I wish the kids at the high school would get rid of it, so I quit getting it. Grr. I have stayed in bed all day today, fighting the oncoming symptoms. Sore throat, headache in the eyes, sinuses stuffy/runny, tummy not feeling so hot. And I am sweating my butt off. I don't know why, I don't have a fever. But my youngest (with her germ mask on) says I look very red.

Today, I did up a proof for one of the publishers. I finished a strip for my Mile a Minute afghan (that's two strips done) and put them together. I have decided to call it the Mermaid ghan, because it looks like the fishy part of a mermaid.

Then I worked on the tote I am offering the Newsletter group when we get 50 members. We are at 19 now. Once I have 50, I will hold a drawing. Once the tote is finished, I will wash all the sick germs off it, wrap it up so it stays germ free, and have a hat drawing for it. It is a large tote. Will hold lots of stuff. Also, it's very sturdy. I use mine all the time. This one will be lizard green in honor of the Loose Id lizard.

I have been working on Midas' Treasure today. Been a good girl. I have to fix a couple of paragraphs because of POV shifts, but that won't take long once I finish the big stuff. I'll be going back and fixing that. But not right now.

Hubby laid on the couch today being sick, getting phone calls from work (the foibles of being the department head), watching videos. I was the one who had the privilege of running out and fetching these videos, but since I had to go out and take the youngest to the docs so the nurse could look at her TB test... Well, anything to keep him from straining himself.

I made a wonderful dinner in the crockpot. Love the thing. I toss in all the ingredients while waiting for the coffeepot to finish and many hours later, poof! a hearty dinner for five, with leftovers. Frozen chicken in, and yummy out. And I didn't have to breathe on it for long. Tomorrow we have a beef and bean crockpot meal. That reminds me. I have to make sure the crockpot is clean for tomorrow. Guess I will have to get out of bed for a few minutes.

Ok, I think that is all for today. Oh, for the comments... O, We are using the antibacterial gel regularly. Youngest put down the Lysol cause it was bothering HER. She has asthma too, that's why she doesn't want to get the germs. But she is sticking with the mask. She has mentioned repeatedly that it is a good thing her breath is fresh.

Wanted to get this done for tonight. I may just take some medicine and go night-night. Catch you all tomorrow for another exciting Brenda Day.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home