Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday Sept 26, 05

Never, never on a Monday...

Sorry, just had to break out into song.

The son had his physical today. Poor guy. Luckily, we warned him of the possibility of the "Cough". Now it's over, and he doesn't have to face it for a while.
I sat out in the lobby like a good mother of a teenager, and knitted a square. Listened to another mother spend an hour chatting up her friends on the cell phone and with the other ear, listened to the news.
It wasn't very good, but I did get a sick laugh. I couldn't help it. I do feel sorry for the girls, but being a queen nerd in school, I can't get over the bias.
Really, I have tried. It is just beyond me.
I am so sorry, but I heard about the poor young ladies of the beauty pageant variety, that were hurt by the SUV and my first thought was that a band geek retaliated.

As I said, I was an JROTC nerd all through high school and the POP's just loooked down their surgically straightened noses at me. But I'm not bitter.

So, the son and I leave the lobby of tortures, and grab some lunch. Yummy. Wendy's burger combo with chilli... Megga yummy. I was doing some craving.

Off to the post office, mailing off more pen-is bookmarks to Loose Id Author Contest winners. YAY! and then back to Lowes. No, we didn't find that I got the wrong thing, but the paint said I needed a few extra items. That is what we got today. Next week, I will have to go back and get another set of handles and accoutrements for the other bathroom, the hubby liked my purchase so much. But now I have fiberglass in my nose. ARGH! I had to clean out the tub after he sanded so he can paint. My sinuses are girly and delecate and don't do fiberglass. Too rough. Now my nose hurts. But only on the edge. Luckily. It hasn't gone further into my sinuses or lungs. Great news.

Sigh. Didn't get to work on Midas' Treasure today. Yet. But it isn't too late to get a little work in. Is it?

Tomorrow, I am planning on spending the whole day on it. I will be good and try not to be lured by the mystique of email. My perpetual downfall. :)

I am going to try to get to sleep soon, so I can start bright and early in the morning... after mainlining coffee of course.

You all have a great night. Catch you tomorrow.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home