Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thursday, Sept. 22, 05

ALOHA!

(Youngest teen gave me the greeting for tonight)

Today was a pretty much unproductive day. Sure, I got dinner started in the crockpot, then remembered I had a proof job to do. OOPS! It is due tomorrow, so I knocked it out today. All done. By the time it was finished, my oldest teen called from school to tell me she needed me to bring her some medicine. She has a cough and snuffly nose. I took her some day time medicine and since I was so close to the grocery store, got myself a chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat at the deli. Yummy.

Finally, I was back home, ready to get to work. I get my manuscript off the palm and onto the laptop, and notice all the italics are disappeared. Blagh. SOOOOO, I start at the beginning. I have figured out how to make sure the italics are marked so that even if they disappear on me again, everyone will still know where they are.

Where was I going again? Oh yeah. I had to start at the beginning and mark all the italics. I got one chapter done today. Super sigh. I got that far, when I had to start picking up teenagers. Since they get out of school at different times because of after school activities, I get to make several trips. That's ok, I have nothing better to do. Also, I have two girls, and there is a serial rapist running around the neighborhood the school is in. He likes petite girls. He got a fifteen year old and a seventeen year old and tried to get a grown woman coming out of a nail salon after closing time. The girls go to my kids school. Everyone is on the lookout for this perv. Anyone sees a man in a red truck looking like the description is going to get his @ss kicked before questions are asked.

So, anytime the teens want to go anywhere, I take them, drop them off, watch them go inside, and pick them up the same way. I end up taking a lot of kids in the van, if they walk. I would rather take them home myself, than have them attacked.

Ok, enough of that, I had to vent. Lemme get back to the exciting life of me.

Basically, I got one proof done, one chapter done, and an update or two on my webpage. I added pictures on the craft page and added a link to an author.

Check out the bookmarks I make for contest winners. LOL.

Speaking of contests. I would like to congratulate Jody, and Josie for their win of bookmarks. They both requested a naughty bookmark, and to Marcy who won a copy of my book Regulating Archimedes. I will be sending out the bookmark to Jody tomorrow, and if Josie sends me her snail mail address, I will send hers.

Last thing for tonight. Today, I messed up on the square I was knitting two-thirds the way through. Argh! Had to start over. That is always agravating.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will get farther along in my book.

Happy Autumnal Solstice!

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home