Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wednesday Sept 21, 05

Good evening children.

My day started so well. I did the morning ritual: mainline coffee, brush hair and teeth, get dressed, mainline some more coffee (I started setting the automatic timer on the pot so it is already made when I roll out of bed) take the teens to school and come back.

Then it got messy. I cleaned the fridge. By the time I was done, it sparkled. But it was empty. There were a couple of condiments, half a loaf of bread, a few eggs and just under a gallon of whole milk (I drink fat free and that made my decision) I had to go shopping. Grabbed the keys to the van, the bank card and my cell phone in case there were any teen emergencies. Oh, and a grocery store ad and my list. It was a pretty long list as I hadn't eaten yet and was pretty hungry by this time. Well, after I got over the fridge grossies anyway.

I spent a good dollar amount at the grocery store but got lots of good foods. Meat, veggies, condiments, starches, chocolate, good milk. Lots of good stuff. I even brought it all home and PUT IT AWAY as soon as I got it all inside.

Whew! The day cleaning was over... Thank the Mother. I sit at my computer and make sure nothing in the world is going wrong, and what do you know? Hurricane Erin is headed straight for my Critique Partner. Everyone is stressing about it, understandably. I stress with them while knitting on a square for an afghan. I started to work on Midas' Treasure, but decided I have to 'up the heat' by adding a short scene. Since I didn't have the concentration for it, it was postponed.

I acquired a horrible headache sometime this afternoon while stressing. I made dinner and cleaned up after it. The teens weren't real impressed with my frozen veggies, but Hey! I made a well rounded meal, so suffer. I cleaned up after dinner so my kitchen stayed in its pristine state, and went to lay down.

I talked with the hubby for a while then he went to play Bejeweled. He is (gasp) an addict. I can't complain. I have two addictions myself. Books and Yarn. Makes me feel giddy.

Still trying to find something on television, but was striking out. Mythbusters just started though, so I am good, and I really want to get rid of my headache. It is sinus induced I know it. I took some Tylenol (I stay away from aspirin because it thins the blood and I have asthma, no blood to the lungs mean no oxygen to the extremities)and a bit of Nyquil. I love Nyquil, (ok, so it's a namebrand, but the offbrand stuff, while working good, just aren't the same) It clears up my sinuses and knocks me out for the night while the headache goes away.

One last thing, I forgot to tell you that my wonderful teens did the yardwork this afternoon with only a little inducement. Since the trashman comes in the morning, it has to be done by Wednesday night. Our yard is the one in the neighborhood that everyone points to on a regular basis, and says, I don't want their yard. sigh. It is because we are computer geeks. We are fairly healthy, not fat, but we don't get a lot of strenuous exercise. Lately, my exercise is the deep cleaning I am doing.

Tomorrow, the plan is to work on Midas' Treasure. Take a day off from cleaning. I know I have to do it, but my book is suffering and I won't have that. So, goal tomorrow, get the scene (shower master ba tion) and get further along in the edits so that when the editor says we are gtg (good to go) I can shoot her the newest copy. All pretty and hopefully needing less work. :)

Sure, wishful thinking, but hey! you never know.

Night all,

Brenda

2 Comments:

Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Come clean out my fridge *g*.

And good luck on edits.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Brenda Bryce said...

Mechele,

Um, no thanks. It was hard enough doing my own. LOL
The Edits are going, but I had to read YOUR book for comments. hehehehehehe (ain't I evil?) so got NO editing done.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home