Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday Morning Sept 30, 05

I didn't blog last night.

Blagh. What a yucky couple of days. And now my weekend is shot too. We were going to go camping with a family of friends of ours, but that's out. I have one sick daughter, one son who is starting to get sick, and one sick hubby. The other daughter keeps spraying Lysol around herself.

My oldest started out with a stuffy nose and sore throat. Now she is unable to keep down liquids. I am hoping that changes this afternoon. She is sleeping it off right now. Hubby went to work, late, and son is at school. So is my germaphobe daughter. I can't even take my oldest to the doctor. They won't give her anything but codine and she can't take that. So, I am trying to talk her into taking Nyquil but she is avoiding it. I mean heck, woluldn't you like to take two days off of school?

So, here I am, not getting my story done, listening to family members whine then not take my sage advice, washing sheets and blankets so I don't get sick too, and reading up a storm. It keeps me from snapping. Grr.

Well, since I won't be going anywhere this weekend, I will get Midas' Treasure back to the editor. Even if I have to lock and bar my bedroom door.

That is the Friday morning update to make up for last night.
If I remember, I will post again tonight to keep you updated.
One last thing, I am looking for a counter to add to the blog. :) Livy said she put one in and I thought it was such a great idea, that I am going to go searching for my own.
Did I mention that I like to 'borrow' other peoples great ideas for my webpage and blog? :P I thank each and every one of the 'loaners'.

Brenda

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Whoa! I thought the eldest was getting better. Sorry to hear practically your whole family is coming down with the bug! Sending healing vibes big time!

RE the Lysol: not great for your asthma or anyone's breathing. Bad for those of you with allergies, too. Frequent handwashing works better and warm water and soap do just fine.

Mwah!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Brenda Bryce said...

I know I told you offline, but we mostly stopped her Lysol habit. Drug out the anticeptic gel and have been using that.

Thanks for the info. Just in case anyone else was alarmed, I thought I would post here that we DID take your sage advice.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home