Monday, October 03, 2005

Monday Oct, 3, 05

Monday and Yahoo is playing havoc with my favorite pasttime.

My email is not pumping out the massive volumes it does normally. I am very, very sad. Ok, so it's really DT's. I NEED some email. Email me. Please. LOL

I did accomplish several things today though, while the email is tweaking. I got my eyes examined. My perscription hasn't changed much, but my old glasses are about shot. I was pointed to a pair that is what all the young people are wearing. I laughed and put on the small rectangular frames. I ended up with a pineapple head. I laughed harder. It was hillarious. Well, I did find out goth isn't my look. I went back to the same geeky types I always wear. I want light frames and ones I can't see when I look through them. Very important. I purchased new, un-hip glasses. I will take a picture of me in my new specs tomorrow.

My youngest also had an appointment. So we explained her operation at nine months to straighten out the crossed eyes. It did some good, but now she has a tracking problem at almost 14 years. They are giving her a nice set of frames with some interresting prism lenses for her new pair of reading glasses. One will be thick on the bottom/ thin on the top, and the other lens will be thick on the top/ thin on the bottom. Hopefully, this will cause her to get rid of the double vision when she reads. She is far sighted so won't need the glasses to walk, in fact, we were told walking with these glasses will cause her to fall over. As the supporting mother that I am, I immediately informed her that once she gets the glasses (in seven to ten working days) I wanna see her try it. Walking with glasses. TIMBER! HEHEHE. I'm a good mom. I just think that laughter is necessary in life.

I'm still laughing.

I get home, and since my email is nonexistent, I worked on Midas' Treasure. Yay! Got through two chapters of the edits. That will help getting it done.

Then it was time to get kids, dinner and a little down time. Dinner didn't go over real well. There was chunks of tomatoes in it. Apparently, I am unable to trick my family into thinking tomatoes are say -- potatoes or something. I have been informed that it has a distinctive taste and they will have none of it. Darn.%

1 Comments:

Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

LOL that would be me. "Go ahead and walk." LOL yeah, I'm a horrible Mom.

I had crossed eyes when I was little and operation too.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home