Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunday October 16, 05

I am filthy.

Here's why. I have an office. It is a little room off the side of the house that the owner built for his wife to cut hair. The only access is outside and all the way around back. It faces the empty pool. I confiscated it last year or so, and painted it up and put my books and crafts in boxes into this room. A desk and chair went in too. So, I needed shelving. Never got around to that. Am working on getting that a little at a time now. I think I mentioned that.
The room became a catch-all for my crap. I have a lot of crap. Soon, my oldest daughter was looking for books that were out in the office. It became a disorganized mess. Until today.

Today, I came in and rearanged things. I won't be able to find anything, but all the books are stacked in the closet. The crafts are stacked in an alcove, the door is shut, and I have a path. Yay. Trash is bagged, and I can get to the desk. Yay. So, barring the spiders who have overrun the office, I have a workspace. I can't wait till the blinds are up in the sliding glass doors, but I am not going to do that today. I figure if they can wait for months on end since I bought them, they can wait a couple of more days. I wasn't stupid, I wore a mask. So the breathing is fine. No dusty lungs.

I am very excited about this. I really needed a workspace away from the phone. I hate the phone. And my children call my cell, so does the school. Hubby emails me. :)

Also, this morning I finished the shrug for the SIL. sigh. Gonna have to make a mini poncho for her, I don't think the shrug will work. Well, not everything comes out.

I need a shower now. I accidentally wiped my cheek on my white t-shirt shoulder and danged if I didn't leave a black smudge on the shirt. Gotta get out the stain remover. So, tomorrow I work on Alexi's book, tentativly entitled Enforcing Justice, and probably Howling in the Moonlight. I have a proof to do and still want to get to that author quote for an upcoming Loose-id story. That is my plans for the week. Aren't you glad I told you?

Brenda

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Wowzers. You have busy! Congrats on getting so much done! Can't wait till you get your shelves up and everything organized, you pro writer, you!

5:01 PM  
Blogger J.L. Langley said...

Wow! Wanna come clean at my house too? that will be so cool when it's totally finished. Just think you can lock everyone out and write, write, write.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Brenda Bryce said...

Thanks O!
J, NO!

:) Brenda

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home