Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wednesday, Oct 26,05

I am kinda cheezed.

And here's why. I am sitting here, reading a Christine Feehan book on my laptop in Lit format, watching Halloween Resurection, (haven't seen it yet), and crocheting squares for the son's afghan. Working out my left arm because it feels a little stiff from the flu shot I got today. And what do I see???

I am sure I am imagining this, but damned if I am going to have to drag out my candles in a boycott of Glade. Yes, I will mention their name on my blog and if they don't like it, tough. So there. Glade's new commercial is personally offensive. Yes, I will say that too.

The commercial is touting their new, pretty, smelly thing and their big catch is that you don't need to cover it up, as in hide it. Cause it's pretty, see? What they use is a crazy old crochet lady. That's what I find offensive. I am a constant crocheter and always have a yarn project within reaching distance. I am fairly young... 38, (and if you are younger than that, wait until you are my age before you call me old), and I write sex. I hate stereotypes. I won't go up to Glade and say their owner/operators are money hungry, stinky house owners? Do I? I should say not.

So, if you have a picture of a slightly psycho, paranormal sex writing, teenager transporting, married to a hot dude, crocheter - well, that's me. A little old lady who's grandchildren never visit so she sends them sweaters when they are in their teens, more suitable for 3 year olds... Well, that's not me -- yet. I told the teens that if they try to ditch me, I will show up regularly to really embarrass them. And they know their father. He can get really em-bare-ass-ing... :)

Where was I going with this again? Oh yeah!

Boo Glade!

Buy candles!

Brenda

2 Comments:

Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

booo hisss Glade.

7:18 PM  
Blogger J.L. Langley said...

Hmm, don't think I like the insinuation that old people stink. I like old people. People need to have more respect for our elders. What ever happend to that?

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home