Friday, October 21, 2005

Oct 21, 2005

Got my cover for Midas' Treasure.

Isn't that the coolest? You can check it out on my WIP Page of my site. Check it out and tell me what you think.

That was the highlight of my day. I am proofing a book now, but earlier I did read a good Stephanie Laurens book. The newest of the Bastion Club stories and while I did have a great time reading it, I did wonder, as is everyone in my critique group, what is with the POV changes and head hopping. It does seem as if it is becoming a trend. A trend that is bugging the bejeebers out of me as I actually learn to spot it. Oh, sure! you say, I am a nitpicker. Actually, I figure it's jealousy. If I can't do it, neither can they. So there! Fair's fair.

Everyone had a long and busy day here, so have konked out early. I mean, it's only about 11:30 pm here and the teens have been in the sack since 10:30. That's an oddity in itself. Normally, on school nights, I can't get them to unwind till about midnight. But on a Friday night? Well, guess they just aren't partiers.

I just wanted to tell you all about my cover, which as soon as I find out which author did the wonderful job, I will be listing that on the webpage as well. It's a great cover and I am very happy with it.

Just think. One day, I will have an office wall with my covers postered on the walls. Gotta get them made really big so I can fit it into a poster frame.

Wouldn't that be cool?

Oh, Jeigh had mentioned that my heater shouldn't have been used. Well, ding it, it was cold that morning. Must have been around 55 degrees f. I was freezing! Haven't used it since that morning though. But soon. Usually gets ridiculously cold here on Halloween. Every year. But I'm ready this year. I have several half made afghans just ready to be finished while it's cold and the heater. Have at thee.

I think I am going to finish up the proof job and konk out myself. Yall have a wonderful weekend.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home