Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday Oct 23, 2005

Happy Birthday Youngun!

Today is my youngests 14th birthday. I got up late. About 9:30, and strolled (stumbled) out into the kitchen looking for coffee. The youngest was awake so I mumbled "Happy Birthday, Shorty." and commenced waiting for the coffee to drip while she told me her dad got up for a little while and sang her a scary happy birthday song.

After I was sufficiently caffinated, we decided to go to the mall in search of one of those little boxes with the pins, that if you put your hand in it the pins will drop and retain the hand print. We never did find one. Everyone knew what we were talking about but didn't carry it anymore. But we could try... So we did. Picked up some other things though. Necessarys like Soap and a puzzle mat.

We ended up getting her a low priced keyboard. Got her the inexpensive one so if she never uses it, then I'm not out a couple of hundred dollars. LOL. And since her favorite desert is cheesecake, we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory in the mall and picked up a whole plain cheesecake for around $22. Dang, it was yummy.

She got her hair straightener with a curling iron ability which she really wanted, and some other things, so says it was a pretty good day.

Myself, I accomplished nothing but catering to my baby, and started reading Nora Roberts' Northern Lights again. Tomorrow, I get back to work. I did spend time on Howling In the Moonlight last night, and since it is a birthday day, I took it off. LOL

I wanted to mention that Laura Givens has done both of my Society covers and she has done a great job. I will be mentioning it on all fronts as my personal Thank You to Laura Givens.

Hubby's team Seattle Seahawks kicked a winning field goal at the last seconds of their game against Dallas Cowboys which has caused the hubby to encourage me to send gloating emails to Jeigh and her hubby who are Dallas fans. LOL. Jeigh has subsequently rebutted that the Seahawks kicker has obviously made a deal with the devil and is going to hell, to whit my hubby said that is where all the really good parties are going to be and he would save her a spot.

Good grief, those two!

Anyway, It is getting late, I have had 90,000 calories today because of the cheesecake and there is still 7 pieces left of it. Just call me Jumbo. Sigh.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, or at least fairly restful, or if you had to go to work like O and Hubby, it didn't suck too badly.

Night all.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home