Monday, October 24, 2005

Monday, Oct 24, 2005

I love to play with yarn.

Except when it has knots in it. Then it's a pain. But I will spend hours unknotting a hank of yarn so I can weave it into something useful and toasty. Today has been a yarny day. I worked on the youngest's pillow cover, knitted, added several rows to a knitted afghan that is going to be super cool when done. While watching Monsterfest on AMC, I have made a couple of granny squares for the Boy's afghan that he asked for. A soft one he asked. No problem. Now, I am working on another afghan that I started months ago, but it got to hot to work on. It is cooling off now, so can get into the longer stuff. Oh, this one is crocheted.

On the writer front, I ignored my email all day and worked on rewrites of Howling in the Moonlight. I really do love this story. I am almost up to the sex. LOL. For some reason, I can't get a couple together and boinking thier brains out five pages into it. Sorry, I tried. I considered the character a slut and had to rewrite it. LOL. So, I try, try, try to get the sexual tention early in the game and make it last until the actual sex happens. Now you know my mind and why I do what I do when I do it. (I refuse to re-read the last sentence). Call it my morality. Then read faster so you can get to the booboo.

It was pretty chilly today and the clothes I hung on the line really tried not to dry. Overcast all day and under 70 degrees. Thought I would freeze. It was horrible. I wore my sweat pants and went looking for my light jacket but didn't find it. It was in the van. I keep it there in case I get stranded. You never know what can happen. But I digress. I do that a lot late at night which is why I write between 9am and 5pm. Excluding the time it takes to pick up the teens from school. Right now everyones schedules are riotous. One gets out at 2:30, one at 4:30 and one at 6. After school programs are going to kill me. Oh well. My chldren will be the better for it I am sure.

As for Monsterfest. I LOVE SCARY MOVIES! Really, I do. Big bugs, hacker/slashem's, ghosties, gimme em all. So, Halloween is one of my favorite times of year. AMC caters to weirdoes like me with at least 7 days of 24 hours of scary movies of one sort or another. My VCR gets way more workouts on this week before the end of the month, than at any other time of the year. Sure, I record the commercials too, but heck, that's what the remote and the fast forward button is for. The worst part is that they cut the movies up. I mean, all the curse words are gone, the actual hacking and or slashing is gone. So sad.

For an interresting twist, I don't watch the news. It's too violent. I don't mind movies because I know they are not real. However, the news is very, very real. Too damned depressing. I could never be a cop. Or an ER doctor. They see the dregs of humanity, and have to be the light.

Ok, what a depressing, thoughtful, inciteful... well, depressing anyway, blog.

I had a great day, busy and I created a new dish. LOL. Took coooked white rice, canned tuna, Cream of Mushroom soup and made a casserole. Grated cheese on the top and salt and pepper and it made a nice light meal for after all the heavy foods from yesterday. Everyone said it was edible. Which is high praise in this house. We also tried the new just add water bisquits. One bag of Three Cheese and one bag of Honey Butter. Three cheese was good, but Honey Butter was fabulous. Tasted like the high caloric buisquits at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Really yummy.

I figure, I have made yall either hungry or totally freaked out. Either way, enjoy it. All for free too! Who woulda thunk it.

Have a wonderful Tuesday. I am going to rewrite. LOL

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home