Thursday, September 01, 2005

Thursday, Sept 1, 05

Howdy bloggy babies.

It's Thursday evening, finally. I got no writing or reading done today. It's a shame. I don't like it and I don't approve of it. Going to have to make up for it.

I did however, purchase a couple of books. Had to get the next Kay Hooper, Stephanie Laurens, Lori Foster, Maryjanice Davidson... Oh, heck. I bought a lot of books. Now I just need to find the time to read them. That will be the hard part. I had a great time, flinging my ATM card at the nice clerks at the bookstore. LOL.

Sure, I did some grocery shopping done, so the family won't starve for a few days. They appreciate that. And I got some necessities for the teens so they can go to school Tuesday. And I bought a couple of skeins of yarn. I can't help it. I try to tell myself that I have a million skeins already, but I cave when I see that I don't have that exact color in that exact amount.

Maybe I need an intervention. Sigh.

Well, I don't drink, smoke or do illegal drugs, so I have to have some bad habits or yall will hate me. I am a book slut and a yarn ho. Can't help it. Don't deny it. Everyone has something that they do that others think is strange. Ok, so I picked up a new crochet hook too. but it isn't serious.

The books were tough. The day started off at a drug store. Didn't find the items I wanted that were on sale, so I picked up a couple of books. Then I went to the grocery store, and got a lot of groceries and a couple of books. Then my oldest and I went to Barnes and Noble and while she looked for an anime book to get with her gift card, I looked in my favorite section. Found the one book I was looking for, and a couple of others caught my eye. I calmly placed them in my pile till I had one hardback, two oversize paper and two paperback. Then I calmly went in search of my daughter. I hollered that she needed to hurry before I spent more money. She laughed and continued to look for her book. I got bored looking in the anime section and wandered to the new book section and whodathunkit a book I didn't have but really really needed. It joined the pile. I ended up spending almost $90 on books in just B&N!

Did I mention it is something I can't help?

Oh, and I lost a hubcap. I don't know where, or when, but I have this naked tire now. It looks weird on the van. SIGH!

Other than being broke again, and my tire is naked, I had a pretty good day.

Now to get back to work.

Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home