Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sunday 8-28-05

Happy Sunday everyone.

The nation, no, the WORLD rejoices. Brenda has finished her ironing. YAY!!

My day was very, very quiet. I watched tv, Geo, Animal Planet, and some others, and crocheted. Congratulated Jeigh for being a FAR Recommended read and mopped the kitchen floor.Already mentioned the fabulous job I did on the ironing.

Other than that? nothing. I didn't even change out of my comfy lounging clothes.

This has been a good week. My first book came out, I got two great reviews, my kids are registered for school (starts on Sept 6th) and my ironing is done. YAY!

Tomorrow, I have Jury duty. I don't realy know what to expect since I have been excused every other time I was called up. It will be an adventure and I plan on taking notes in case one of my characters get called up.

I was watching Animal planet earlier and they were doing B Movie Monsters. I love Bad B Movies and had seen the two they mentioned. I have seen much worse. I still say that Electric Glide Blue with Robert Blake is the worst movie ever made. I watched it the second time, simply because I couldn't believe it had really been as bad as I remember. It was. I will not run that experiment again.

How about you? Got a movie that was just so bad, you remember who was in it and the title?

On the crochet front, I have put aside the horse temporarily and have been working on a tote for me. It is going to be big. Big and hopefully nice. It will definitly hold lots of stuff. Don't know what yet, but I will think of something to put in it.
Oh, I was shown this website today and thought it was pretty informative.
http://www.crochet911.com/home.html

I still mosty use www.stitchguide.com to figure out how to do something, but you can tell me your favs.

Right now, I am watching a Rocks in Space show on Geo. Pretty cool. We are going to get slammed with a huge rock, eventually. Unfortunately, until we are able to migrate to other planets, we are going to have to worry about that.

Hurricaine Katrina is supposed to hit our shores tonight. It has the potential to drown New Orleans, Louisiana. That is a very bad thing. They are already at sea level and any little bit of water causes horrible things to happen. Good luck to the people in the affected areas. Stay safe.

I should probably tell you about my experiment today. Last night, before I finally conked out, I saw one of those hair sweeping rubber brooms. I thought to myself, blearily, "I got one of those. Works great on the carpet and all the hair I have shedded." And nodded sleepily. The broom was well worth the $6 I paid for it. But NO! The infomercial shows me the many, many uses this broom has. I mean, it sweeps and mops too! I wondered if it would really work. Then I remembered nothing more until I awoke and had a couple of cups of coffee.

Once I had completed the morning ritual of mainlining my morning motivator, I remembered the infomercial. In an uncommon burst of energy, I whipped out my bucket and filled it with hot water and laundry detergent, and the rubber broom. I moved the carpets in front of the sink and stove and swept the area... "Hey, I've been looking for that spatula for weeks."
Status. It sweeps well. It picked up or shoved back all the stuff on the floor, even under the edges of the cabinets.
Then, in an act of bravery, I wet the floor by dunking the rubber broom into the soapy water (that smelled springtime fresh) and deluged the unresisting floor. commencing the scrubbing, I noticed that the water puddle was turning black. After muttering about the deplorable condition of my 1970's circa green tile flooring, I used the back side of the broom, with the handy-dandy squeegy thingamabob and pulled all the black water my direction. OHHH, pretty. Well, clean and dry anyway. but now I have this sludge puddle at my feet. What to do, what to do?
Well, I drag out my spongemop and suck up all the ickies. Worked good too.

Anyway, after repeating the process a few times, my kitchen is really small, I decide it looked good and I was too hot and tired to consider the rather large dining room. Eventually, I returned to the kitchen to empty the bucket and put away the tools of the job and what do I see??? A sticky kool-aid spot, not only staining the white counter, but the floor.

I decided it just wasn't worth it and returned to my crochet.

So, how was your day?

Brenda

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

2 horrible movies: Last Tango in Paris, Marlon Brando; In Her Majesty's Service, George Lazenby. I know there's more but these pop right out.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Aha! Finally, one of my posts posts. Not that I have anything scintillating to share, of course. Other than those hair sweeping rubber brooms are lovely. Until they get in my hands. Then they croak and go to wherever brooms go when they hit the bucket. The other bucket.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home