Friday, August 26, 2005

8-26-05

Good evening all. What a day. I got a call from my sister in law. What a nice call. We discussed how much she liked my book. I basked in pleasure. We discussed her teaching. I commiserated. We discussed my book some more, and I continued to bask.

After that, I had to do family things. Like make dinner. We have gotten a cheap little George Forman grill (it is trademarked... :) )and I made hamburgers in it. They were yummy. Very good. Juicy. Not dry. I am a burger connoisseur. No vergitarianism for me. Animal flesh. Honestly, I have added more fruits and veggies in my diet to try to get healthier, but I will not give up meat.

I finished reading Jeigh's next book, neener neener. Then I tried fixing my laptop. Think I am going to have to reformat the harddrive. Sigh. Oh well, at least it will be safer.

It is Friday night. I am watching TV with the son and there is nothing on. Didn't get any writing done, but I am nearly caught up on my outside obligations. Hopefully, Monday, I will be able to start working on Alexi's story. Book 3.

I haven't played with yarn all week. Need to. But first, I have to crack the whip and do chores. Ugh. Oh well, gotta do what I gotta do.

OH! I broke down and bought a really expesive iron at Big Lots (that's trademarked too) today. Ok, so it wasn't really expensive. Just $14. But when I only used the other iron 4 times, it seems like a lot.

It was hot here today. 109 I think. I hate the heat. I always say I like the winters here, mild compared to most of the country, and I can always put on more clothes, but only so much I can take off before scaring animals and neighbors alike. Plus, it is hard to play with my yarn if it is hot. It's like laying under a blanket in 100 degree weather. Oh, wait! It IS laying underneath a blanket in 100 degree weather.

I wonder if anyone is even reading this, but if not, well, at least I have a journal for me.

Recently, I did an interview with Jeigh Lynn. My youngest daughter read it and informed me that the answers sounded like I didn't love them. After I denied it with fervor, I read it over, and dang. She is right.

So, in the interest of my loving family, here is the addendum to the interview.

My children are my life. I didn't work for many years so I could be home when they were, be available whenever they might need me, be the carpool mom if they wanted to go anywhere, to be able to run errands while they were at school so they wouldn't have to waste their time when they could be watching anime or playing videogames or watching movies, and for being here when they were sick and needed to come home from school. I love my children dearly, I have very rarely wished my life different, more exciting, or at least being able to go out once a month. It doesn't happen. I don't mind, much. I am the mom. I am raising them. Hopefully to be intelligent, productive members of society. I joke that I can't wait till they are off on their own and leaving me an empty nest, but I'm not really sure I will be happy. Oh, sure, for a while I will run around all day, not even putting on clothes, scaring the hell out of door to door salespersons and Jehovah's Witnesses (sorry if I have misspelled your deities name)but after that, things will return to a near normal existence where I will bemoan the fact that my ungrateful children never call me unless they need something.

Now, the reason I tried not to mention them, is that I write sex. I know my kids know about it, and so do their friends, but there are a lot of freaks in this world and I would prefer that my writing never touches my babies. That is the one and only reason. Not that I don't love my children, but because I do. So there, baby.

Since I have unloaded, I am going to see what I feel like working on. Something made of yarn, I'm sure. Maybe some time soon, I will have a picture to post of my work.

Have a lovely Saturday. Catch you tomorrow night so I can tell you about another of my exciting adventure as a full time writer.

Brenda Bryce

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the compliments from you family. Well deserved. RA is a good book!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Brenda Bryce said...

JEIGH LYNN,
Thanks for your comments. For those of you who don't know, Jeigh, here, is mentioned in earlier comments. She is a writer and has been getting great reviews for her stories.

Gotta love a latin werewolf. And those hot gods. Whew :)

Brenda

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home