Sunday, January 08, 2006

Just a quick update

Just a quick update

I had a busy, busy day.

Got up late. Isn’t that always how it is? You have something important planned and you have a nightmare that you want to see the outcome of and sleep very late. And, I never did find out how the dream ended. Sheesh!

Then I made some coffee. Then I cleaned off the counter and made another batch of coffee. I don’t know why, but occasionally my coffeepot makes a huge mess on the counter. We call it counter coffee. And it’s undrinkable. Sad, I know. So, while the second pot is brewing, I rotate the dishes. That consists of emptying the dishwasher and putting the accumulated dirty ones in.

I drank coffee and checked my email. Lots going on today. I participated then got down to business.

First I rousted the teens and told them to put on shoes. They asked where we were going. I answered, “The dining room.”

That’s right. Today, we cleaned the dining room. Took all day, and my arms, back and the knee I crashed into the safe, HURT!

So, I get the dining room spick and span, but it got dark. Sigh. We had to drag everything back into the dining room. Couldn’t leave it outside you know. So, tomorrow is get rid of the crap day. We will go through everything that is in the dining room and either put it where it goes (which isn’t in the dining room), or toss it.

Then, I took the girls to eat. I was starving by this time. Oh, sure. I changed my clothes first, but I hadn’t noticed the black streaks on my arms, so didn’t look as clean as I could have. Blagh. You may ask where the males were. They went to a friends house. Don’t ask.

I have decided to set a completion date for Tree Sprite. My goal is five hundred words a day. I should have it done by Feb 3. Wish me luck. So far, I have completed yesterdays and today’s five hundred words and I am even ahead by about seventy. Woohoo! All right, the goal is low, but I figure I can work my way up. AND, if I do more words a day, then I’m ahead. Right? A goal I can manage, so the rewards are easy.

Then the girls and I watched The Cave. Good movie, not scary (to us anyway), a bit bloody, but the creatures were cool. The critics were cruel to it, but I love bad B movies. This is a good one. Then we watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Call me a geek and a dork, but I liked it. I laughed my way through it.

Now it is after 1 am and I am tired, but can’t sleep. Thought an update would be nice.

Tree Sprite (which I am still not sure is the final title) is going along swimmingly. Jeigh read what I have of it and said she liked it. The heroine is naive without being stupid. That’s always a plus in my book. I hate stupid heroines. It will have sex in the first chapter. Do you believe it? Brenda Bryce writing sex before the middle of the book! Wow! That’s something. But these characters are like fruit flies. Going at it constantly. And they just MET. I mean, sheesh.

Anyway, I think I am going to try to get some sleep. Since there is so much to do tomorrow, (or is it today), that I should probably rest up for it. I am afraid though, that I won’t be able to move my muscles when I wake. I am kind of a non exerciser, so whenever I do strenuous tasks, I lock up and ache. Badly.

Okay, I’m really going now. Night

Brenda


2 Comments:

Blogger J.L. Langley said...

I loved it! It's a great story so far. And a bit different for you. Oh and the sex, there is lots of it and it's prety darn grahic :)

8:48 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Good luck with the writing.

My coffeepot has that problem too. Geesh.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home