Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hmm, Oh, Thrusday, Sept 8, 05

I'm a delinquent.

Today, the most important day of my week, and I blew the one personally important thing I had to do.

The day started off well enough. I got up, mainlined my coffee, emailed lots of people, played on the net, ignored the ironing, did the dishes... You know, the usual. I have plenty of time to run my errand.

So, I pick up the oldest two from the high school, and take them home and go back to the nothing that I was doing. Time goes by and I have to pick up the youngest from the same school, so I forget the items I needed to complete my errand, but figure still have lots of time.

Home again, home again... I watch Animal Plantets Funny Videos (can't go a Monday or Thursday without it). By this time it is 7 PM and I decide now is the time to go because if I wait any later...

Hop into the trusty van and actually remembered the items this time. Drive through the evening gloom and the pretty red and green lights to the section of town I need. I see the building. Woohoo! But wait. Something isn't right. It should have people entering and exiting until 8, right?

OH NO! It's closed! At 6, do you believe the nerve???

I was shocked. Dismayed. Darned right put out. As I drove back home, slower and more dejected, I wondered where I could get a print out of their actual hours.

I enter the house, the teens asked how it went.

I had to tell them...

The Library was closed.

waaaa. It turns out that it is open until 8pm every day BUT Thursdays.
I owe now.

Brenda

1 Comments:

Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

The horror!! LOL I've done that. But our library does have a book drop, which has saved me.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home